Are you searching for dog-Friendly Holidays in the UK? Look no further! In this blog post, we will guide you through the best places to spend quality time with your furry companion. Whether you prefer a weekend getaway or a longer vacation, we have you covered.
When planning a holiday, it can be a challenge to find accommodations that welcome your four-legged friend. Fortunately, the UK offers a plethora of options for dog-friendly holidays. From picturesque cottages to comfortable Airbnb’s, there’s something for everyone. Here, we’ll explore some of the most popular destinations and provide links to recommended companies to make your planning process easier.
- Lake District, Cumbria: Known for its stunning landscapes and outdoor activities, the Lake District is an ideal spot for a weekend getaway with your dog. Explore scenic trails, enjoy boat rides, and unwind in pet-friendly accommodations. The National Trust offer great advice on where to go.
- Cornwall, South West England: With its breathtaking beaches and coastal walks, Cornwall is a paradise for dog owners. From charming seaside towns to dog-friendly cafes and pubs, this region offers an unforgettable experience for both you and your furry friend. Please visit Cornish Horizons for a beautiful selection of dog friendly cottages to stay at.
When it comes to finding dog-friendly Airbnb’s, there are numerous options across the UK. Here are a few highly recommended ones:
The Stables, Derbyshire, Peak District. A wonderful barn conversion in a beautiful area by Carsington Water, offering an outdoor swimming pool in the warmer months (April-Oct) shared with guests of The Manor. The Stables are surrounded by open countryside, next to Carsington Water. There is a local pub to walk to in the nearby village, plus Carsington Water visitor centre and play area, with cycle hire, gift shops, cafes etc. Carsington Water provides a 8 mile circular trail, traffic free, around the reservoir, with nature reserves and woodlands.
The Granary, Pembrokeshire, Whales. Three miles from Tenby, within walking distance of the beautiful village of St Florence lays the Old Granary. Sited on a working farm, its a very peaceful place to relax with your whole family. Enjoy a dip in the pool with the children (open April-November) or chill out in your own private hot tub and have a BBQ in the fenced garden. Tenby has some amazing coast line to explore and the cottage has some great attractions on its doorstep. There is a lovely walk through he woods to the award winning village of St Florence. St Florence has one pubs and a garden centre all serving food.
If you prefer the coziness and privacy of a cottage, the UK has an array of options that cater to dog owners. Here are two recommendations:
- The Wee Cottage is an outstanding stone-front cottage that enjoys a central position within the lovely town of Moffat, in Southern Scotland. The cosy retreat offers the opportunity for a couple to explore this glorious part of Scotland, rich with heritage and fascinating scenery, and the attractions and amenities to suit all ages. Internally, the cottage boasts a contemporary style and is well-equipped for an enjoyable stay within the idyllic Scottish setting.
Beulah Cottage is a delightful, dog-friendly holiday home in the little hamlet of Green Bottom in the Forest of Dean. Welcoming up to two well-behaved dogs, there is also off-road parking for two cars. The spacious interior is immaculately presented with quality furnishing throughout. With oil central heating and two wood burners, this cottage is warm and cosy at any time of year. The lounge has plenty of comfy seating, where you can relax in front of the wood burner and watch television which comes with FreeSat, or curl up with a book. Alternatively, enjoy a game of table football and other activities in the well-stocked games room.
- Dog Friendly Cottages is a fantastic website to help you find the perfect destination for you and your pooch. This company specialises in dog-friendly holidays and provides a wide range of accommodation options tailored to your needs.
- Canine Cottages know that when you go on holiday you don’t want anyone to be left at home! All of their properties have been paw-picked for their dog friendly features; some will have enclosed gardens, some will have treats on arrival, and some even have dog pampering facilities. Whatever they offer, we have something for every pooch: small, large, multiple, all breeds, even pets of the feline kind.
Don’t let the thought of leaving your beloved pup behind deter you from planning a memorable holiday. The UK is a paradise for dog-friendly holidays, offering an abundance of options to suit everyone.